Monday, January 12, 2009

Newbie

Holy crap! That was it? That is all it took? Just like that...POOF!...I started a blog. One resolution complete. I'm sitting in my apartment listening to WCLZ and realizing I have zero memory for song titles and the artists. Oh well. I really wanted to make this first blog entry spectacular. Um yeah. So here's some interesting daily activities that transpired today.

First, I woke up at 2 am and never went back to sleep. Not fun. I finally bounced (yes bounced)out of bed at 6ish and bounded out the door without iphone. Yet again. You see, I always have to leave something behind. My signature trademark. Well, one of them. I decide to let out all my pent up sleep energy at the gym. I grab a treadmill and start running. I'm sluggish but this guy who is easily twice my age next to me is running faster than I am! I then realize that not only is he running the same speed (I sped up), he's on his 5th mile. I sometimes use my shortness to make up for how people run faster than me. At five feet zero inches,I usually take 4 steps for every 2 steps of anyone taller than me. It's infuriating when I am sweating my ass off and the guy next to me is running a 7 minute mile and looks like he is prancing across a meadow in a Disney flick. I digress. This guy, NOT TALL! My height.

I leave the gym feeling less than inspired and really wish I braved the weather and ran in the snow. I head over to my mechanic for a $300 tune up on my car. Yipppeee! Not really. I am not excited. My consolation is this car will last me 800,000 miles. That's right. A long way!

The interesting part of my day? I was interviewed for a book. McKay Jenkins (real name) is writing a book on toxins and considering I am one of ten participants of the Body Burden Study (http://www.cleanandhealthyme.org/Campaigns/TheMaineBodyBurdenReport/tabid/55/Default.aspx), he wanted to meet. My mom and I were actually tested for toxins together (I talked her into it) but she was not up to snuff today. The conversation went something like this:

"Frenchie,it's mom, I'm sick, it's coming out both ends....BLLLLEEEEEPPPPP."

Me: "okay, BYE!!!"

I almost threw up myself. So here we are, McKay and myself in the North Star music cafe. I am sipping on a soy milk steamer and ranting. I rant for about an hour and a half while he pecks away on his mac laptop taking notes on my words. I'm not a very linear thinker and it amazes me when someone makes sense of what I am saying. Don't get me wrong, I said interesting things but I tend to be quite random and need someone else to organize my thoughts and tell me what I meant. Okay so not entirely true but I do find it helpful when my thoughts are summarized in another voice. Now I sound schitzophrenic. And that is probably not how you spell schitzophrenic but its how it should be spelled. Regardless...he's writing a book, I may be in it and I want to write a book. If he can write a book, I CAN too!

Now I am sitting here with the realization I can now go to bed. Its no longer 6:30, I've eaten a kick ass roasted veggie dinner I made myself (more on my cooking ability in a future post), dishes are done, table is cleared (of paper, not dishes), and I'm fried. Frenchie just crashed and burned in the middle of her first blog post. Later.

1 comment:

  1. ok, if you are going to blog at least do it in dc while you're attending the inauguration. you have an iphone. you can do it.

    ReplyDelete